Saturday, December 3, 2011

Frank Bey at the Ocean Club Cape May


We've been reading your blog and would love it if you considered posting about our client's upcoming event! Let us know if you need any additional information.

The Ocean Club Hotel is pleased to announce An Evening with Frank Bey at its SeaSalt Restaurant on Saturday, December 3rd. From 8PM- 12AM enjoy fresh seafood, specialty cocktails, and the master of the art of blues himself performing live. Bey, who also participated in the Cape May Jazz Festival, is sure to create an atmosphere of excitement. The Ocean Club Hotel is located at 1035 Beach Avenue in Cape May, NJ. For reservations please call (609) 884-7000 or visit http://www.capemayoceanclubhotel.com.
Thank you! Best regards,

Anna Antonova
R. Couri Hay Creative Public Relations

Hi Anna,

And it would be a pleasure to post your announcement about Frank Bey's show, as Frank is one of the few guys who really blew me away when I first encountered him at the Cape May Jazz Fest a few years ago.

I'm sure he did the same to Carol and Woody, who scour the nation for the best jazz acts and then bring them to Cape May.

I later learned that Frank played with some of the biggest stars in the Sixties, and then took a few decades off from performing, disenchanted with the music industry, but I'm so glad he came back and that I was fortunate enough to catch his act.

After that first show Carol invited me back to her house for a private party with the volunteers who helped put the festival together and the acts who performed, and somebody sat down at the piano in the living room and started playing, which sparked Frank to get up and sing along, and then somebody else - a female vocalist - started scatting. And Frank, being a scatter himself, started a conversation with her scatting back and forth like they were having an argument, that Frank won.

It was an amazing, impromtu performance that I will never forget.

I've seen Frank again since then at other Jazz Fests, and was glad to see that he performed at the benefit show earlier this year at Cabannas, and I hope to catch him again soon.

Keep me posted on when and where he is performing and I have no qualms about posting the information here, as I will do for any act who performs at the Jersey Shore - and contacts me: billkelly3@gmail.com

All the best,

And give my regards to Frank,

Bill Kelly


New York, NY 10024

No comments: